Monday, May 28, 2012

Forgiveness is...

How To Hug A Vampire

This weekend at Elevation Church, we had the priveledge of hearing from Pastor Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, WA.  His sermon was so powerful, that I had to spend the week exploring it on the blog.  I hope you are able to gain something from it.  If you are inspired by anything you read, please stop by the Elevation Network to hear the message.  It plays every four hours all week! 

Forgivness is...
  1. ... cancelling a debt.
  2. ... removing that persons control of you.
  3. ... a gift for them and you.
  4. ... forsaking revenge.
  5. ... leaving ultimate justice to God.
  6. ... both a decision and a process.
  7. ... genuinelly wanting good for them.

Pinned ImageWhen I see this list of seven things that forgiveness is, there is one person who comes to mind.  She did sometihng that hurt me more than I can ever remembering being hurt.  She lied about me.  Because of what she did, there was a period of time that I doubted what God was doing in my life.

She has control over me right now.  Everytime I sit down to send an email, I doubt what I am saying because of what she said about me.  I get an overwhelming sense of anxiety and doubt everything I am typing. I used to be confident in who I am and what I had to say.

I see this list and realize that I need to make the decision to forgive her, and understand that it will be a process.  Everytime I doubt myself, because of the things she said about me, I will need to forgive her again and move forward. 

I will choose to forgive her.  It may not be easy.  Now, I just need to pray through what forgiving her looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment