Thursday, January 16, 2014

#Seminarylife Pt. 3


This week on the blog, I have had the opportunity to share with you what I learned though my first semester of classes at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and what I have learned through experiences.  Today, I will be sharing with you my overall reflections of seminary life.

As you have read this week, I have learned a lot from five months at seminary.  I gained a lot of head knowledge.  I learned a lot about what is important to me. 

I would be lying if I said that there were moments when I did not regret my decision.  It was not always daisy's and roses.  There were moments when all I wanted was to have coffee with a friend from home or to go shopping with my mom, watch a movie with my roommate at 311 or play with the kids I nanny-ed, get froyo with a friend from home or go to my home church.  There were times when professors were challenging my church choice but God was confirming my church choice, and I figured life would be easier if I quit and went home.

I am glad I stuck it out.  I am stronger on the other side of the semester than I was going into it.  I can't wait for my second semester of seminary to begin on January 23rd.  I am thankful that God chose me to do His work.  I am thankful for every tough lesson I had to learn this semester.

The best is yet to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment