Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Figuring it Out Pt. 1

Have you ever thought that you had it all figured out?  You knew what college you were going to attend?  You knew how old you were going to be when you got married and how many children you had?  You knew what you'd be when you grew up?

All of my childhood I was certain that I was going to grow up to be a teacher.  I forced my best friend to sit with a row full of stuffed animals and dolls and play school for hours on end.  I'm so thankful she stuck around through that!  My first job was a camp counselor at the Boys and Girls Club at the age of 15.  I worked there for over three years.  I took college level early childhood classes in high school.  I quit the Boys and Girls Club to work at a preschool.  Nothing has brought me more joy in the last 7 years than seeing children grasp the concepts I taught them.  I love teaching, I love seeing children learn new things, I love hearing children laugh... I was born to be a teacher, right?

About three years ago, God planted a little bug in my ear that He has greater plans for me.  I pushed that little bug far away because it didn't follow my life plan.  I was going to be a teacher.  Last year, God did everything in His power to remove me from my last two classes to complete my Early Childhood Degree.  God was audibly telling me that He had bigger plans.  Left with no other options, I took a semester off of school and soul searched.

Pinned ImageI am now a student at Liberty University Online, pursing a Bachelors degree in Religion with plans to continue on for a Masters in Children's Ministry.  For the first time since last year, I was feeling like everything was falling into place...

...Until I realized I had no idea how I was going to use this degree.  I have one plan for myself.  I have no back up plan. I don't know how willing to compromise I am.  I tried pursing the one plan I had for myself and felt like it was pointless.  I left feeling defeated and like I'd hit another roadblock.



Reader...
Have you ever had it all figured out until something changed your life plans?


If you come back on Thursday, I'll tell you where I'm going with this post... 

No comments:

Post a Comment