Friday, June 20, 2014
A few months ago, I got an email from the Spreading JOY Daily Team. The email asked if I was interested in spreading the word of Spreading JOY through my blog. I was honored!!
A few weeks later, I received two copies of Spreading Joy Daily by Marie Wikle. I read the book in two sittings. The book gives 365 ideas for ways to spread joy. It is genius. Some ideas are free and others involve an expense. But, none of the expenses are too much that you couldn't swing them every once in a while.
I truly believe in the movement of spreading joy. Our culture is not the most positive and encouraging. Someone who intentionally looks for opportunities to spread joy through encouraging words (written and verbal), gifts and actions can change the outcome of someone's day! Just give it a try!!
I would love to share a few of my favorite ideas with you...
- Written Words Are Powerful... This is free! Just write a card to five people that you encounter during your day!
- Cheesecake, Glorious Cheesecake... Purchase a cheesecake and give it to a neighbor!!
- Big Grins... This is free! Just flash your pearly whites at everyone you encounter and see what difference it makes for you and those you encounter!
- Kids that Knock and Ask... Get... How many times has a kid selling Girl Scout cookies or popcorn knocked on your door, and you just said "no thanks?" Can you only imagine how many times the door has been shut in their face? Just buy a box of cookies the next time someone knocks on your door!
- That Was Awesome... This is free! Just make eye contact and give a sincere thank you to someone who does a good job, or is wearing an outfit that you like!
- Tips Bring Smiles... Slip a $5.00 tip to the bus boy! Can you imagine the sheer joy it bring the bus boy to be noticed!
That is only a brief preview! You'll have to enter the giveaway to get your hands on the copy... Or, you can purchase the book at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million!
Please take some time to explore the Spreading JOY Daily website. There are ideas on how to spread joy without spending a penny, resources, more books and more! You can send a stamped envelope to their address, and for FREE they will send you free Spreading JOY cards, for when you are inspired to purchase the meal of someone behind you!
To be entered into the giveaway...
- Post a comment below by June 27th. In your comment, let me know your name and what you are most looking forward to in the Spreading JOY organization!
- On June 30th, I will announce the winner!!