Monday, December 2, 2013

HBD to Me!


For those of you who do not know me outside of the blogesphere, today is my birthday!  I'm twenty-four years old young today.  I would consider my birthday to be as significant as any major holiday, and I celebrate it as if it is.  Birthday's are my favorite, in general.  I will celebrate anyone's birthday, and my heart truly breaks when I forget someone's birthday.  I never want to be so busy that I forget to wish someone a proper "Happy Birthday."  "Happy Birthday" on your facebook isn't enough.  I will pull up share worthy pictures of us... good and bad... and tell the world how marvelous you are!  Birthdays are the best.



Well, I may have gotten a little off track there.  I just really love birthdays.  The real reason for this post is to say thank you.  I woke up this morning with a thankful heart.  I have so much to be thankful for this season.  But, what I am most thankful for today is my parents. 

I am thankful for the gift of life.  I am thankful to have an amazing mother who chose to give me life at sixteen.  I am thankful to have a strong mother who always provided for me, no matter how hard.  I am thankful to have a father that chose to be in my life.  I am thankful to have parents who always push me to give my best.  I am thankful to have parents who grounded me.  (What a lesson it was to learn to be thankful for my parents grounding me!  I wish I would have learned it a little sooner.)  I am thankful to have parents who believe in me.  I am thankful to have parents who want nothing more than for me to have a happy life.

I am truly blessed to have such amazing parents.  Though, they think my love for birthdays at age 24 is outlandish, they still love me unconditionally.  I am so incredibly thankful for the gift of life that my mom gave me twenty-four years ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment