Monday, September 3, 2012

Munching Monday

Conflict Resolution
 
To close out I Know He is, But What am I?, each Elevation Church location heard a message from someone different.  Elevation-Blakeney heard from Lysa Terkurst, Elevation-Matthews heard from John Bishop, Elevation-Uptown heard from Joel Delph and Larry Hubatka, Elevation-Rock Hill heard from Frank Bealer and Tim Fara, Elevation-Providence heard from Wade Joye, and Elevation-University heard from Larry Brey.  It was an amazing weekend at Elevation!! 
 
I went to Elevation-Blakeney for their 6:45 worship experience on Saturday night to hear Lysa Terkurst.  And, I do not regret doing that!  She is an amazing woman of God, who speaks and writes with such openness and honesty with a bit of humor mixed in.  

4 Reactions in Conflict

1. Exploder Who Blames Others
Proverbs 10:19 - Pause before reacting.
 
2. Exploder Who Shames Themselves
Proverbs 12:19 - Add perspective
 
3. Stuffer Who Builds Barriers
Proverbs 10:18,21 - Build boundaries instead of barriers
 
4. Stuffer Who Collects Retaliation Rocks
Proverbs 10:14 - Am I trying to prove I'm right or improve the relationship because I can't do both?

 
Love what you just read? Want to hear more? The entire message can be found for free at 12:00, 4:00 and 8:00 (AM & PM) here, or you can download the podcast for free!

 
What I am munching on...
Pinned ImageWithout a doubt, I am a stuffer.  My roommate and I went to see this sermon together, and she looked at me when Lysa began talking about stuffers.  Lysa said that stuffers favorite four letter word is F-I-N-E.  Oh, how true!! My roommate looked at me, and said, "I can tell when you are not fine."
 
Lysa went on to say that stuffers are peacemakers.  It may be a bad quality, but the good that comes out of it is peace making.  It is so true!  All I want to do is have peace in relationships.  I resist conflict.
 
I need to learn to build boundaries instead of boundaries and ask myself what I am trying to do in the relationship.  I don't want to ruin relationships because of my stuffing.  What happens is I stuff and then I explode.  Those are not good conflict resolution skills techniques.

 
Reader, get involved! What is your conflict resolution technique?  How do you relate to this sermon?

No comments:

Post a Comment