Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Forgiving Sins

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive our debts, as wer forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.
Amen
 
Pinned ImageIf you have been in church for any length of time, you've probably said that prayer.  I can imagine that a majority of you recite it every weekend.  But, have you ever taken the time to break that line about forgiveness down?
 
And forgive our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
 
You've probably said that line in church more times than you can count.  I grew up in a church where we said it every weekend.  The entire congregation stood up and recited the Lord's prayer every Sunday.  But, have you ever thought about that verse?  Forgive as we forgive...
 
What if God forgave us as we forgave others?  Has anyone ever come to you seeking forgiveness, but you didn't offer it easily, or... at all?  What if you came before God in full repentance asking for forgiveness, but He didn't give it to you?  Is there someone who isn't in your life yet, but you need to forgive?
 
I couldn't shake this urgency to forgive everyone who I have yet to forgive after reading the Lord's Prayer in my quiet time last week.  All I could picture was myself standing before God sooner than I had hoped and I hadn't forgiven as I'd expect God to forgive me.
 
 
Who do you need to forgive in your life today?  You aren't promised tomorrow and the Bible says forgive me as I forgive others?
 
 
PS.  I did a whole week on forgiveness a while back.  Check out those; (Sermon Sunday, Forgiveness Is... , Forgiveness Is Not..., and Ephesians 4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment