Saturday, February 12, 2011

Favor Fast 5:11

I meant to blog every day about the fast every day. But, after day one I was really tired and crashed every night before I had the opportunity to share my heart with you.

So, I will give you a brief synopsis of what went on for the second through fifth day.

Day Two: I was feeling alright, so I went on to attend boot camp. Boot camp was good. My trainer was on day two of the fast as well, so she knew how I was feeling. She was lenient on me, but I worked as hard as I could. It felt good. I reflected on the favors of my family. I am truly blessed by my family. My parents and I have not always got along, we have come such a long way, I love it! I am so thankful to have the family that I have.

Day Three: I still had the headache. I spent the entire car ride to work praying for the people who were fasting, and praying for revelation in all areas of my life. I love having 45 minutes of forced quiet time, where I have the option of listening to a crappy radio show, or praying to my Father. :-) I went out with a friend, and came home to sleep for 11 straight hours. I was more tired than I thought.

Day Four: I was great on day four. I had slept for eleven hours, how could I not be great? I spent my commute thanking the Lord for his favors in my life concerning the fast. How was I able to tackle working with 9 two year olds, school, and boot camp on only juice and water? Only through favors of the Lord. I attended boot camp. I was able to do less this time, but I still did the best I could. Jumping up and down in any form made me light headed.

Day Five: This was the second hardest day of the fast. I knew that the end was in sight, and just wanted to eat. I had a Valentine's party in my classroom, so I had the opportunity to serve my class some delicious foods, watch them eat it, clean up there mess and not enjoy a bit of it! I was so excited for after work because we had a special event at Blakeney. For the leaders of the church, they pre-screened the documentary This is How We Change the World. It was incredible. I got to church early enough to take a picture with Pastor. A long time ago, he came around and hugged every eTeam member that had arrived, and that was a special moment. It was cool to take a picture with him! :-) I am so honored to be under his leadership. I am so thankful that the core family decided to make that leap of faith and move to Charlotte knowing no one to start a church. Emily, Matt and I went to Amelie's to enjoy a delicious first meal in five days, well for me at least. I am so thankful to have Emily as a friend.

So, reflections on the fast. God is so good to me. I have so much to be thankful for. My life revolves around food way too much. It is sad to think how much my life revolves around food. I hope that this experience opens my eyes and changes that. I realized how little I leaned on God in all areas of my life. I had to depend on His strength in me to complete this fast. It was an amazing feeling to feel as if I had nothing but Him. I hope that I do not go back to my old ways now that I can eat again.

I am so thankful for the challenge from Pastor Steven to fast for five days. I am thankful that I accepted, and was able to experience the challenges of fasting. I am thankful that several of my team members jumped on board with me, as well as my trainer. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to fast alongside Kelly Draddy, Abby Wilson and all of the Matthews campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment