Pastor Steven is fasting for eleven days. He is an amazing man. He has encouraged all of Elevation to fast for five of the eleven days. Today is day one for me!
Reflection on day one:
The devil was on attack today. He did not like knowing that this fast was going to pull me closer to God. I spent 15 minutes yelling at my boss about something small and petty, an hour crying because of frustration, hunger and a headache, I complained about my headache constantly, I complained about hunger constantly, and spent a good amount of time being bitter toward a coworker. How terrible? The devil was trying to get me down. I just spent about an hour with my door shut, radio off, computer off and PHONE OFF, alone with God. I am so thankful for God.
I want to take the next five days to evaluate different areas that God has placed favor in my life. Today, I wrote down eleven different favors God has placed in my life through Elevation Church. These are in no particular order.
- Through Elevation Church I was able to step outside of my shopping addiction and learn how to give back to God what he gave me until it hurts.
- Through Elevation Church, for the first time in my life, I have had a challenge. I have something to work toward and a reason to strive to be a better person.
- I have learned how to step out of my comfort zone; how to follow a call God has given me (and have strength in Him even if it doesn't go my way)
- Through Elevation Church, I have learned (and am continuing to learn) how to be a strong Christian leader in all areas of my life.
- I have learned the meaning of salvation, Christ's love for me, and how to love others like Christ loves me.
- Being under the leadership off Kelly Draddy and Abby Wilson. Such an amazing favor. I am so thankful to be lead by them that it brings tears to my eyes. They have so much faith in me. I am so thankful for them.
- See my brother come to Christ.
- Learn what it means to be the Church.
- Having people believe in me and expect me to rise to my full potential.
- I have been able to step outside of regular attendance and serve others. Serving others is such a glorious thing. I am so grateful for the opportunity to greet first time eKidz families EVERY Saturday.
- Learn the meaning of audacious faith and believing God for the impossible.
Writing that list brought tears to my eyes, typing that list brought tears to my eyes, and reading that list brings even more tears to my eyes. God has placed so much favor in my life. More favor than I am deserving of. I do not thank God enough for what He has done in my life.