Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Glorifying God

you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
1 Corinthians 6:20.

Everything I do in the last week, I have had to ask myself... How are you glorifying God in this moment? When I am sitting in the drive thru at Chick-Fil-A, I can't help but ask myself Am I glorifying God right now? Yesterday I was devouring a delicious quesadilla from Salsarita's and I kept feeling ashamed. I wasn't glorifying God in any way by eating that.

"I have the right to do anything," you say - but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right do do anything" - but not everything is constructive.
1 Corinthians 10:23

Every morning I have a traffic filled 45 minute drive to work. I rarely get above 45 mph the entire drive. I have the right to listen to a crappy radio morning show that talks about nothing constructive. I have a right do o that, but it isn't beneficial. I am so thankful that I have seen this 45 minute drive as a blessing. I am growing closer to God in this drive. I am using this drive to its fullest. I am listening to a devotional, praying to God, or just being silent to hear from Him.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that is may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29

Today at work, a co-worker called my classroom to complain about something. I didn't even want to hear her complaint because I could easily be roped into complaining. I bit my tongue because there is no way to glorify God through gossip. I should have hung up the phone and not listened to her complaints. It is so hard to work with 15 other woman and not get roped into gossip. I do not want to be a part of it.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31


So, to you...
Are you glorifying God in all that you do? You get one life on Earth. Do not waste the opportunity that you have here to live out your purpose. God has called you to do something amazing for His kingdom. Are you doing it? Are you serving at your church to glorify God, or to please someone? Make sure all of your motives are right. Make sure you are glorifying God in everything that you do. You don't have time to waste on this Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment