Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: #NCtoTX Edition

I have so much to be thankful for in this season.  I have to stop and thank those who played a key part in #NCtoTX.  So, I present to you... #NCtoTX Edition of Thankful Tuesday!
 
 
... Moving in and unpacking would not have gone as smoothly as it did with out the help of my amazing family.  I am so incredibly thankful that my parents and brother took the trek from North Carolina to Texas with me.  I know how much of a sacrifice it was for them... taking off of work, paying for food and hotels, and purchasing plane tickets home for three.  I can not adequately express my gratitude toward them for making the sacrifice and being such a vital part of this journey.  I could not have done it without them.  Everything happened so smoothly... the truck was unloaded in record time, within three days all of my boxes were unpacked and before the week was over, all my pictures were hung on the wall and it felt like home!
 
 
... The countless people who knew just when I needed a dose of encouragement.  The perfectly timed phone calls, cards, texts, emails, facebook messages, tweets and snapchats were so important to this journey.  I would not have had the fuel that I had in low places to press forward without those who encouraged me along the way.  Deciding to make this journey was a daily decision and I have some amazing people on my side believing in me to do great things.



... The incredible people who helped me in a time of need.  Not working for over a month, but still having to pay to rent a truck, hotels for three nights, food and gas could have been a huge struggle.  Thanks to the amazing people who heard my unspoken need, finances were the least of my worries on this journey.  I had some really generous graduation gifts which went into savings for a cushion post move.  I picked up babysitting and dog/house sitting jobs when and wherever possible.  After moving out of my apartment, I never went without a place to sleep!  I picked up babysitting jobs here and there.



... To everyone who prayed for me, thought of me, put good energy out, and sent good thoughts my way, thank you.  To everyone who sent me off with love and well wishes, thank you!  To everyone who believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself, thank you!  To everyone who knew that Texas was a done deal before it was a consideration in my mind, thank you.  To everyone who helped me along the way, thank you.  To everyone who has been a part of this journey, thank you.  Thank you, everyone!  I am the most blessed a woman can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment