Sunday, March 20, 2011

My God

You who answer prayer,
to you all people will come

Psalm 65:2




Every Saturday evening involves me picking Corey up for church, volunteering, going home for a dinner. I love getting a free meal from my parents. :-) This was a typical Saturday in that. Dinner conversation always consists of discussions about our work week, how volunteering went, and any other news. There is typically a bit of conversation about why I do not have a boyfriend yet.

Well, just like any Saturday dinner conversation, we had to discuss my lack of having a boyfriend. Last night, this discussion got a bit out of hand. My parents began telling me that it is time that I get over Anthony and get on with my life. "He isn't going to knock on your door one day, Keirstin." "You have to get out their, Keirstin." "You need to have some fun, Keirstin." "It's lame that you spend every Saturday night with your parents."

I always explain to them that I have not felt the need to get out there. When God feels as if it is time for me to start dating, He will move me to get out there. I do not expect God to have my future husband knock on my door one day, and it be that easy. I do know that God has always told me when it was time to do something. When it is time, He will tell me. I will know when it is time. So, I am giving them that spiel. Then my mom takes it somewhere she never has before...

Don't you think God is busy enough right now? The earthquake in Japan. Three world wars currently going on. Do you think He has time to tell you when to get out there? He doesn't have time for that.

I was officially in attack mode. My parents do not go to church, and I understand that they do not think the ways I look at things are logical. I never attack them for what they believe. I began to rattle off reasons I knew my God would tell me when it was time to get out there.
  • My God rescued me from an out of control shopping addiction by allowing me to spend my every last dime and have nothing.
  • My God had his hands on my finances when looking at the numbers said I should have hundreds of dollars less than I actually had.
  • My God allowed me to buy a car when I had no money in the bank.
  • My God knew that in April I was going to have to start paying my phone bill and I didn't have money for that. So, my God allowed for my insurance points to go away. Now, I have an extra $200 a month.
  • My God told me to write a letter to my best friend in a time of need. When I got the letter to my card, He told me not to send it yet. THREE MONTHS LATER, it was still sitting in my car, and He told me to send it. Two days later she got the card and said it was perfect timing. He knew when I was going to be in the right place to write the letter, but that it wasn't the right time for her to get the letter.
  • My God has never led me into a situation that I couldn't get out of. Every time I have had a bad situation at work, to where I needed to leave, He hasn't let me get to that point until there was somewhere else for me to go.

My mom got very defensive. I asked her if she wanted me to give her any more reasons that I knew my God would tell me when it was time for me to look for my future husband. My God has His hand on every part of my life. I told her that if her god won't listen to all of her prayers, and have his hand on every part of her life, then it isn't the same god as my God.

So, to you. I want you to take strength in this post. The earthquake in Japan can't stop Him from answering your prayers. Keep praying. Have strength. He is an awesome God. He has His hand on every part of your life. Don't forget that.


They were helped in fighting them, and God delivered the Hagrites and all their allies into their hands, because they cried out to him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him.
1 Chronicles 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment