Monday, August 15, 2011

Follow Pt. 2

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I know I did.

I had the privilege of spending the weekend at Elevation Church.  I spend most weekends there, but this weekend was extra special.  Last weekend 1,426 people were spontaneously baptized.  This weekend we added over 600 people to that number!  Over 2,000 people made the decision to get baptized.  (This is a picture of Pastor getting ready to baptize some people last weekend.  I love the genuine excitement on his face!)  The past two weekends there were whole families baptized together, husbands leading their wives, children leading their parents, teenagers, and people who flew in from other states to get baptized.  It is amazing to be a part of such a move of God.


Baptism doesn't save you.  But, it is the first step after accepting Christ.  Jesus calls us to get baptized.  It is a form of identifying yourself as a Christian.  It is a way to publicly declare the Lord as your Savior. 


I was baptized on April 4th, 2010 by Pastor John Bishop at Elevation's Easter 2010 worship experience at Time Warner Cable Arena.  I will never forget that moment.  To me getting baptized was a way to show my family and all who attended the worship experience that I had given my life to Christ.  He saved me.  It was a way of declaring that I will always do whatever it takes, go wherever He calls me and be who He wants me to be as a Christian.  (This is a picture of me being baptized.  I had just come out of the water.)


I can't stop reflecting on all of the lives changed over the last two weekends at Elevation.  I love my church!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My son and i were baptized at Providence August 14, 2011 by Pastor Gene Lakey. Still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete