Tuesday, August 2, 2011

For the Honor



This weekend at Elevation, the worship team played "For the Honor".  This is a song that the worship team of Elevation wrote.  There is one line of this song that I have not been able to get out of my head. 

We'll give our lives as sacrifice until You come again.

I can't stop thinking about what it means to give your life as sacrifice to the Lord.  This has so much meaning to me.  Any silent moment since I attended the worship experience, I have been thinking about what this means to me and how to put it into practice. 

To me, this means honoring the Lord in everything that I do, through my actions and my thoughts.  Several months ago, I wrote about what glorifying God looked like to me.  Re-reading that post, I have to sadly admit that I don't think I am honoring God in all the things that I do anymore.

I can quickly get upset with the children I work with.  I have to remind myself that they don't go to church.  I am their example of a Christian.  I have to honor and glorify God through all of my actions with them.  It is easy for me to watch TV and play Cityville on facebook for hours, and never open my Bible. 

Giving my life as a sacrifice to the Lord means doing only things that bring Him glory.  It means that I have to start turning the TV off and spending more time in the Word.  It means eating healthier to keep my body in a condition that is honoring God. 

In every moment of my life I have the option of making a good or a bad choie.  Thankfully, we serve a forgiving God and have a new 24 every morning.  From this point forward, I want to live my life as a sacrifice until He comes again.

To you:  How can you change your actions to live your life as a sacrifice to Him?  What does this mean to you?

1 comment:

  1. This is great!! I struggle with the same issue. I have all this free time that I should be using to better my relationship with God! Thank you for this post

    ReplyDelete