Monday, August 29, 2011

Living out The Code

Elevation Church has 12 core values.  They are called The Code.  I memorized them several months ago with all of eKidz.  Since all of eKidz memorized them, I have had many new team members start on host services.  So, I challenged my team to memorize The Code again. 

I have been reflecting on The Code a lot lately.  These twelve values can be applied to our lives on a daily basis.  I am not challenging myself to live out The Code on a daily basis.  This means in my thoughts and actions with work, church, friendships and my personal life.

The Code #3 says We lead the way in generosity.  I went above and beyond to give sacrificially to the work of God in our city this weekend.  eKidz wanted to raise 1,000 backpacks for A Child's Place for the over 4,000 homeless children in Charlotte.  I donated three backpacks full of paper, folders, markers, crayons, and markers.  I spent over $50, but I know that it was worth it.  There are three children that can now get their school year off to the right start.  I will always lead the way in generosity. 

The Code #12 says We will not take this for granted.  I am living this out on a daily basis.  After working 9 or more hours a day, I come home and spend several hours working on projects for Elevation: Rock Hill.  I will not take the opportunity to be a part of this great move of God for granted.

But, in another area of my life... Work.  I have an amazing boss.  They treat me way too well.  I just asked for Thursday, September 8th off, and my boss said yes.  She said she will always support my personal growth.  She could have said no, because I know me having the day off will be a huge inconvenience to her.  But, she is amazing.  They just bought me a gym membership, as a way to appreciate me for being so flexible and to challenge me to get healthy!  I will never take the opportunity to be a part of this families life for granted. 


Elevators, I challenge you.  Take some time to review The Code.  How can you apply the twelve core values of Elevation to your daily life?  Can you act in audacious faith every day?  Can you always look for people to learn from and incorporate their teachings to your life?  Can you embrace your limitations by looking inside the box?  I am confident that we will have a higher standard of living if we apply these twelve values to our own life.

If you take the time to apply this to your life, please let me know the outcome!  I would love to partner with you in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment