Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What are You Chasing?

Pinned ImageHave you ever found yourself chasing an opportunity?  Maybe a job that seems perfect, a boy that is cute, a girl that is gorgeous?  I think we've all chased something one time another.  More often than not, the thing that we are chasing are wrong things.
 
Those who chase fantasies have no sense.
 
I've spent time over the last few months re-evaluating things I had been doing, plans I had set for myself and what I was doing with my life.  I spent a lot of time in prayer, asking God to reveal to me what I needed to change about myself.
 
You're chasing opportunities, Keirstin.  You aren't seeking My best for you. 
 
Well, to say that hit with anything less than a ton of bricks would be a lie.  I was running after things that I put in my own plans, not after what God was writing for my story.  God has an amazing plan for my life, and I was selling myself short.  The moment I realized that I was chasing the wrong opportunities, I stopped and began to seek God's guidance on the opportunities I should be chasing. 
 
God has a greater plan for your life than you could ever imagine.  God wants to do something amazing in your life, but He can't if you are chasing after your own opportunities. 
 
 
What opportunities in your life do you need to stop chasing to give God room to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment