Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2014 Goals

When it comes to goal setting, I am always overly ambitious.  I learned to set measurable and attainable goals a few years ago, but I am still overly ambitious.  I put too much on my plate on a daily basis, and then I stack up outrageous goals.  This year, I found a list of a few statements to complete.  It's a much easier method of goal setting.  My plan is to post this once a month rather than set a long list of goals for the entire year.


January 2014

A bad habit I am going to break... checking social media 6549879546 times a day. 
I would like to check social media sites no more than three times a day.  Shocking, I know.  But, if I don't share that goal with you, I will have no drive to do it!

A good deed I am going to do... spend a Saturday morning serving breakfast at a shelter.
I have a friend from church who is heavily involved in three different charities.  I am going to pick one, and wake up on a Saturday morning for someone else.

A place I would like to visit... Trinity Trails.
I have heard that Trinity Trails are a great place to run or have some quiet time in Fort Worth.  I keep saying that I am going to go over there sometime, and never do.  This month, it is happening!

A book I would like to read... 20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman's Guide to Balance and Direction by Christine Hassler
I will have to admit, I have never heard of this book.  I just found it on a list of books that every 20-Something should read.

I am going to do better at... managing my time so that I have adequate time to work and study, while still making time for myself.

We will review on January 31!!  I am hoping for much success with my goals and much success for you!

Chime In!  What goals are you setting for yourself this year?  How are you redefining goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment