Monday, July 4, 2011

All the Single Ladies

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:12

I want you to read that a couple of times.  What do you notice that this verse says?  Does it say, She brings him good, not harm starting on their wedding day?  No!  Does it say, She is kind of good to him once they get married? Not quite.  Does it say, She begins to honor him once they meet? Nope!

What it says is... She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.  That means starting today.  It doesn't matter if you are single, dating, engaged or married.  It doesn't matter if you know your future husband or wife.  You need to begin to bring him/her good starting today.  All of the days of your life needs to start now! 

So, how do you do this?  You honor your future spouse with your actions.  You honor your future spouse with your thoughts.  You honor your future spouse with everything that you do.  Honoring them before you meet them is offering them a treasure that has no price tag. 

Confused?  Don't worry, I was rather confused at first.  I couldn't understand the concept of honoring someone who I didn't know.  But, the more I thought and prayed about it, the more God told me that this is the right way. 

This comes straight from the amazing book I am reading.  It is showing me how to lay the ground for an amazing marriage before I even meet my husband.  I know that there will be days when making these commitments will be hard and I will struggle.  I would be crazy to think this will be an easy road. 

Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 
2 Timothy 2:22

Resource: When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff...had never thought of that verse that way but it makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. I never really thought about this concept before. It really puts things in perspective for me! I'm still a little confused though. Are you just referring to sexual purity or something more?

    Anyway, so far, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! I'm referring to something much more than just sexual purity. Sexual purity is only part of the complete package, in my book. Mental and emotional purity play a huge part in doing your husband good all the days of his life. Mental purity is guarding your thoughts and emotional purity is guarding your feelings. This means not giving yourself away sexually, mentally or emotionally to every guy that you meet. It took me a long time to grasp this concept, but I live and preach it now!

      Delete