Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Faithful Blogging

There are always days when I struggle about what to write on .Redeemed. I always want to give you fresh, biblical content. But, sometimes my mind goes blank and I can't come up with anything. Today, I will be using a prompt from Faithful Bloggers. You can find my blog, and many other Christian blogs in their directory.


Faithful Blogging Prompt #67 -
Who has been the greatest influence in your spiritual life?
 
I had no trouble coming up with an answer for this question.  The answer comes to me so quickly.  Mrs. Lockridge has been the greatest influence in my spiritual life.  Mrs. Lockridge is my best friend's mom.  Victoria and I met at a playdate when I was six and she was four.  I never thought I'd still be friends with her!  Mrs. Lockridge took me in like a second daughter.  She has always introduced me to everyone as her "adopted" daughter.  I'm so thankful for all of the love she has given me over the years.
 
I spent a lot of time in Aiken, South Carolina with my grandparents as a child.  The Lockridge's were neighbors with my grandparents.  Whenever I was in town, Mrs. Lockridge made sure that I went to church with them.  I may have spent the night with them on Saturday, or she would swing by before church, either way, she always made sure I was with her.  If I didn't pack church clothes, she made sure I had something to wear!
 
See, no one in my family goes to church.  I've gone to church with my family three times in my entire life.  And, those three times happened in the last three years.
 
Mrs. Lockridge laid the spiritual foundation in my life.  I wouldn't be where I am in my walk with Christ without the lengths that Mrs. Lockridge went for me.  We prayed at every meal at their house.  I'll never forget what Sunday's with the Lockridge's were like.  We woke up and went to church, Sunday School, Kroger, Victoria and I would play and come down in time for a delicious Sunday dinner. 
 
Pinned ImageIt's much more than the fact that she made sure I went to church when I was in town.  She taught me the importance of praying at every meal, the importance of bringing others to church, reading my Bible and loving others as Christ has loved us.  Something about the fact that she considers me her "adopted" daughter just warms my heart.  She didn't have to love me or take me in, but she did.  That's the kind of love that we should show everyone in our lives. 
 
I've probably never told her this, but I am so thankful for her commitment to seeing me grow in Christ.  My walk with Chris would not be where it is without her influence in my life.
 
 
Who has been your greatest spiritual influence?  What steps are you taking to be someones greatest spiritual influence?

No comments:

Post a Comment