Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wrecked Pt. 1

Has God ever brought an opportunity to you and you instantly rejected?  It was outside of your comfort zone or too inconvenient.  You probably didn't spend anytime in prayer seeking God's provision on this opportunity.  You just turned it down and walked away immediately.  We've all done it...  I've been doing it the last few weeks.

To give you a quick back story... To become a volunteer at Elevation Church, you go through an Elevation style volunteer orientation.  You learn about the history of Elevation, The Code, The One Day Principle, the various areas you can serve in and many other things.  This 'orientation' is going through a revamping.  It's been called a First Experience.  Now, we are rolling out Volunteer Boot Camp.  It's an exciting change, really enforces the importance of being a part of Elevation Church.

I've been involved in the First Experience process since September of last year.  As the First Experience changes to Volunteer Boot Camp, my role is changing a little bit.  I have been asked to step into a role at Volunteer Boot Camp that will result in me moving away from eKidz.

Last week, the Uptown Associate Campus Pastor called me to ask me to step into the role of eKidz Boot Camp Coordinator.  He was looking for someone to set the bar high for eKidz and knew that I was the person for the position.  I immediately told him that I would do it, but only because there wasn't anyone else.  I proceeded to tell him that I would be actively searching for someone because I wasn't interested in moving away from my roole in eKidz.

God brought an opportunity to me and I instantly rejected it.  It was outside of my comfort zone and a little inconvenient.  I didn't spend anytime in prayer seeking God's provision on this opportunity.  I turned it down and walked away immediately.  We've all done it... I've been doing it the last few weeks. 

On Thursday, I'll post about how God wrecked me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment