Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Passion

Earlier this week, I wrote about passion.  I talked about how everyone needs to be passionate about something.  We can't sit back and let life pass us by.  Today, I'm going to get personal about my something.

My something is the lack of woman in ministry.  As I'm moving along in my theology courses, I'm finding a terrifying trend... It's believed that woman serving in a leadership position in a church is unbiblical.  That is supposed to be a place for a man. The woman's place is at home making babies and cooking dinner.  This makes my blood boil.  This makes me go on a tangent.  This makes me loose it.

I believe as long as you are doing what God has called you to do, you are in the right position.  This looks different for everyone, and no one person is doing the wrong thing even if it looks different from someone else.  Before you read further, please know that I think that woman who stay at home, make babies and cook dinner are wonderful people, and as long as you are doing what God has called you to do, you are in the right place!!

I think it is terribly sexist to believe that woman can't serve in a leadership position at a church.  I believe that something needs to be changed.  God has called me to work in full-time ministry.  I'm beginning to be slapped with the realization, that I may run into a lot of closed doors, a lot of churches who have this backwards sort of mindset. 

I want to be a part of this change.  I want to inspire women to step up and let God use them greatly.  It may mean staying at home and changing the lives of those around you.  It may mean working in the corporate world and changing lives there.  Allowing God to use you greatly looks different for everyone.  I think we all need to live up to this full potential.  Woman, more than ever.  Let's stop sitting back and letting our husbands get all of the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment