Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Praise Break

If you follow me on twitter, you have probably seen several tweets recently about praise breaks.  I wanted to take a moment to talk about what these little praise breaks are all about. (Side note... if you don't follow me on twitter... why?!  Click here and follow me on twitter, now! You won't regret it!)

Several months ago, Pastor Jentzen Franklin came to Elevation Church to speak to the leaders of Elevation.  He spoke about worship.  I really enjoyed his message and it's something that I rethink often.  He talked about the worship of the angels.

Just to catch you up to speed... Lucifer is Satan, the fallen angel. He was originally a mighty angelic angel, who got to be in God's presence every moment.  One day his thought shifted from worshipping God to imagining people worshipping him like he worshipped God. 

You see, even Lucifer and the demons worship God.  James 2:19 says, "You believe that there is one God? Good!  Even the demons believe that- and shudder."  Demons believe, fear and worship God.  How much more should we worship God?

Franklin said two really powerful things that have stuck with me for over six months.  When Satan brings up your past, it is because He is running out of new material.  We get to choose to praise and worship. 

Make the right choice.  Choose to worship... During his sermon, we kept having praise breaks.  We'd just get up and praise God.  I was balling my eyes out.  You could truly feel God's presence with us.  Those times that it is hardest to worship, or the defining moments of your walk.  Will you still worship when the going gets tough?



No comments:

Post a Comment