Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Praise Breaks

Early this week I wrote about what these "praise breaks" I've been tweeting about are.  Today, I wanted to write a little more about these praise breaks.

We've all had moments, days, seasons of overwhelming stress.  Those moments when you are following God, but it's scary.  Those moments when you are asking God for something, but He doesn't seem to be listening.  Those moments when you feel like God's presence has left you.  You are alone, I promise.

The closer you follow God, the harder the walk with gets.  If anyone promised you that this walk was going to be easy, they were lying.  Satan's job is to make us doubt God.  I'd even go as far as to say that if Satan isn't hassling you, you aren't going the right direction. 

I have had a lot on my plate lately.  I have been remembering a time that I feel like God didn't meet me at the end of a road He called me to take.  It has really made me question my decision to move to Texas.  I'm confident that God has called me there, but what if He does not meet me there again?  When I take those thoughts a little too far, I stop to remember His faithfulness.  I have a praise break, sometimes long and sometimes short.  I just remind myself of how good He is.  He has a plan for me in Texas.

Satan knows that God is going to do something huge in and through me in Texas.  If I make this move, God wins.  Satan is doing everything in his power to keep me from making that move.  I will not allow Satan to have any room in my life.  I want God to get all the glory.

Take praise breaks often. Refocus your mind on why you are doing what you are doing.  God is still good in your struggle.  Don't allow Satan to have any room to in your life.  Press forward when things get tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment