Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prayer

Keep alert and pray.
Otherwise temptation will overpower you.
For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak!
Matthew 26:41


God put it on my heart to come before you today and tell you to keep praying.  I don't know who this is for, or what your situation is.  But, keep praying. 


Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24


Many of you know about the situation I was in at work.  In case you don't, I will bring you up to speed.  At my previous job, I was constantly being tested by God to remain faithful.  I hated my job.  I would leave work crying on a daily basis, and several days a week I would break down in tears at work.  I hated my job.  I would pray the drive to work, the whole day at work, and the entire drive home for Him to rescue me from the situation I was in.  I strongly believe that the Lord feels our pain.  So, I was confident He felt my pain.  I just couldn't understand why for over a year I had to endure that pain.  I never lost faith.  I knew that He put me there for a reason.  For over a year, I would pray constantly that He show me what I need to be doing differently and bring me out of that situation.

Another thing that I believe is that the longer we endure a difficult situation, the greater the reward will be in the end.  The shred of hope that I held onto was that when I was able to leave there, my reward was going to be far greater than I could ever imagine.

Guess what!  He came through!  At the beginning of the summer, He brought me out of my previous job and a job far greater than I could ever imagine.  I have yet to regret the decision of leaving.  Everyday I come before Him with thanksgiving.  He didn't have to do all the He has done for me.

I tell you this story as I story of encouragement.  I spent over a year in what I thought was hell on Earth.  I stayed because He instructed me to.  I had faith that He had a plan.  I was confident that He would pull me out when the time was right.  I knew that He would reward me for staying faithful.

Please.... Don't give up.  He is a good and faithful God.  He will bring you out of this.  Stay faithful.  Continue to pray.  Expect that He will do nothing that the best for you.  You will come out of your struggle are much stronger person.  I promise!!!

Rejoice always,
pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


If you need a partner in prayer, please leave a comment or email me.  I am more than happy to partner with you in prayer.  I will stand beside you in whatever you are struggling with.  The Lord is a good God.  No matter what you are dealing with, I know that He will come through for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment