Monday, July 2, 2012

Sermon Sunday

Soul Detox Week One

Toxic Thoughts



This weekend, we had Pastor Craig Groeschel of LifeChurch.TV.  He recently wrote a book titled Soul Detox.
 
Believing a lie radically limits our ability to work for God.
 
Toxic: Anything containing poisonous material capable of causing sickness or death.
 
Identify and reject toxic thoughts
 
Maximize your life for Christ with your time.
 
Replace toxic thoughts with God's truth
 
 
Love what you just read? Want to hear more? The entire message can be found for free at 12:00, 4:00 and 8:00 (AM & PM) here, or you can download the podcast for free!

Pinned ImagePersonal Reflection:  More often than I would like to admit, I give into toxic thoughts in my life.  I let my mind take control of my thoughts and that is a messy road.  I let my mind tell me that I will never amount to anything, that I am not smart enough to graduate or that I am not as good as others tell me.  These are all thoughts that the devil wants us to believe.  They aren't true and we shouldn't give the devil that control in our lives.


Replacing toxic thoughts with God's truth won't be an easy road.  Overcoming the devil is never easy.  But, it is a long road worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment