Monday, July 23, 2012

#overduevaca Review

Two weeks ago, I went on a long overdue vacation.  If you follow me on twitter, you probably saw a series of tweets with the hashtag #overduevaca.  That's what I deemed this vacation.  I know you are dying for full details of my #overduevaca.

Sunday - I went to Elevation Church in the morning and it was amazing!  We had a First Experience, which is Elevation style volunteer orientation.  I got four people signed up for eKidz.  That never gets old!  I left straight from church and headed to Charleston, South Carolina.  It is my second favorite place in the world to be.  I went to one of my best friend's, Emily's house.  She lives near downtown Charleston.  We drove to Folly Beach and were going to have a drink on the beach at Blu.  She ran into someone that she knows.  He bought us some yummy pina coladas.  I had been in Charleston for less than an hour and had a free drink in my hand on the beach.  We left there to have dinner with her parents.  Her mom made shrimp and grits - probably my favorite meal.  We went from there to her house.  Her roommate wasn't feeling well, and we spent the rest of the evening in the ER with her roommate.


Monday - We thought Emily was going to have to work.  As I was getting ready to head our different ways, her boss called to say that she didn't have to work.  How fabulous?  We went to North Charleston and picked up my best friend.  From there, we headed to Isle of Palms, ate at Coconut Joe's and relaxed on the beach for hours.  Emily and I took Victoria home and headed back to Charleston.  We had dinner at Taco Boy, I had the best quesadilla I have ever had before!  Emily and I went for a walk on the harbor and enjoyed some Starbucks.

Tuesday - Emily and I went to Folly Beach for a few hours.  We met her parents at Lost Dog for lunch and headed home to shower.  On my way down to Charleston on Sunday, I told Emily that she was going to take me to get my first tattoo.  My time with Emily was coming to a close, so we made a call to where she got her third tattoo done.  They had no availability.  We called Holy City.  I got my first tattoo!!!  I can't put into words my excitement about finally having this, I've wanted it for nearly three years!  Emily and I walked around downtown for a while and went back to her house to get ready for dinner.  We went to Osteria for dinner.  Emily knows the owner of this lovely Italian restaurant, and he brought us a glass of champagne on the house.  We ended the evening with dessert at the restaurant she works at, Halls Chophouse.  I met Mrs. Hall and had some of the most amazing chocolate cake that I've ever had before.

Wednesday - Emily had a dentist appointment in the morning.  I headed to North Charleston to spend some time with Victoria.  We've been best friends since we met sixteen years ago!  We went to the Charleston Outlets, had lunch at Buffloa Wild Wings, went to see Snow White and spent some QT together.  Sadly, I have no pictures from this day!  We had a great time though.

Thursday - Victoria had to head home to get to her guitar lessons, Emily had to work, and I had to get home to lead my amazing eGroup!  Before leaving, Victoria and I snapped this great picture of us!  I headed home for a little nap and went to Rock Hill to lead my eGroup.  At eGroup, we talked about how we do and how we should present ourselves on social media sites.  It wasn't as tough of a discussion as I thought it was going to be. 



Friday - I spent the day doing homework.  My roommate, Kati has been trying to get me to go out with her the entire year that we have lived together.  She normally goes out on Saturday nights, and I can say that I can't go out because I have to get up for church the next morning.  She invited me to go out, and I had no excuse.  So, I went out with her.  We met some of her friends at the Selwyn Pub for dinner and drinks.  After dinner, we went to Andrew Blair's.  My only thought on the evening is that it wasn't really my scene.  I got home around 1:30am and was completely overwhelmed from being outside of my comfort zone.

Saturday - I woke up at 11:00 and was sitting at Panera eating lunch and doing homework by 1:00.  I went to Elevation - Blakeney with one of the girls from my eGroup.  Pastor Steven was back with the first sermon in the series Room 101.  It was a powerful sermon on facing our fears.

Sunday - I wrapped up my #overduevaca at Elevation - Uptown.  I got three people committed to serving in eKidz, all in areas that need help.  I love plugging people into the current of God and seeing them grow in their sweet spots.


I apologize for the long 'summary' of my vacation.  I truly had an amazing week off.  But, it was great to be back at work last week.  It is a huge blessing to have a job that I miss when I'm off and look forward to going back to.  My entire life is a huge blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment