Monday, January 7, 2013

Munching Monday

It's Not a Project, It's a Process
  • Trusting God with your life is a life long process.  It's not a one time project.
  •  
  • God has saved me - Ephesians 2:8.  He is saving me - 2 Corinthians 4:16.  God will save me - 1 Peter 1:5.
  •  
  • Just like you shouldn't disconnect your iPhone from you computer while syncing, you shouldn't disconnect yourself from God during the process.
  •  
  • Colossians 2:6-7 is not a command.  It is an invitation.  An invitation to invite Jesus into the process.

Love what you just read? Want to hear more? The entire message can be found for free at 12:00, 4:00 and 8:00 (AM & PM) here, or you can download the podcast for free!


What I'm munching on... 
For the past few months, when a true friend would ask me how I'm doing, the answer was likely frustrated.  Frustrated because I know where my life is going.  I know what God has in store for my life.  But, the direction my life is headed isn't my current destination.  Pastor Steven's sermon this weekend spoke straight to my heart.

Pinned ImageI could be caught any given day over the last few months saying that I wish I could fast forward the next three years and be done with my undergrad and graduate degrees, and be doing what God has called me to do.  But, I can't just fast forward the next three years.  I have to live out the process that will be the next three years.  God has something fabulous in store for my life over the next three years.  There will be struggles, but I will gain something from those trials.  If I fast forwarded through all of that, I'd miss it all. 

As excited as I am to be done with school, I don't want to miss out on the opportunities that I'll have over the next three years.  As ready as I am to be working at a church, as God has called me to, I don't want to miss out on the experiences that I'll have over the next three years.  And, who knows... I could begin working at a church before I'm out of seminary.  But, if I fast forward through the next three years, I'll miss out on so much. 

I'm going to learn to love the process.  I'm going to put Jesus at the center of this process.  I'm going to trust that He has a plan for my life over the next three years that are significant to who I will be after I finish seminary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment