Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm Gonna Love You Through It

Martina McBride has a new song titled I'm Gonna Love You Through ItI heard this song for the first time the other day, and knew instantly that I would write a blog about it.  I instantly thought about our relationship with Christ. 

When you're weak, I'll be strong
When you let go, I'll hold on
Martina McBride - I'm Gonna Love You Through It

I think that we have this relationship with Christ.  When we are weak, He makes us strong.  When we let go, He holds on. 

Just take my hand, together we can do it
I'm gonna love you through it
Martina McBride - I'm Gonna Love You Through It

No matter what the situation, Jesus is going to love us through it.  We can walk away from Him.  He will still love us.  We can turn our back on Him.  He will still love us.  

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Ephesians 6:10

I am thankful that I serve a God who will not leave me.  I am forever grateful that I serve a God that I can't fail.  No matter what I do, He is going to love me through it.  By no means is this an excuse to act carelessly with our lives.  We are human, we will mess up, even when we try our hardest.  Thankfully, He knows that.  Thankfully, He will love us even when we mess up.

I know that this post is super short.  I hope that it just serves as a reminder.  He is going to love us through it. 

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment