Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pastor Judah Smith

Pastor Judah Smith is the Lead Pastor of The City Church in Seattle, WA.  Pastor Judah is a seventh generation pastor.  He is known for an anointed, fresh preaching style mixed with humor, authority, passion and strong faith. 

God's Promises: God's Fulfillment

What do you do when the promises of God are partially filled?

Hebrews 11:13, 2 Kings 4:8-37, 2 Corinthians 1:20

Everyone has been a recipient of a promise.   At least once the promise wasn't fulfilled.  Often, we make plans around the promise.  Example:  If someone tells you they are going to buy a house for you in a year.  You will begin to prepare to be ready for that.  Then, a month before they are suppose to buy you a house, they back out. 

I am not a healer.  I am a believer.

My theology shapes my experiences.

Hebrews 11:13 - We will live and die as believers.

God is a generational God.

Who will replace us?  This is an important leadership question.

Who is the promiser and who is the promisee?

I am not the promiser.

Unless Gods promises come to pass, we are just making noise.

2 Kings 4:8-37 The Old Testament has seven supernatural births.  Only the seventh birth is not named.  After five acts of prayer, he came back.  Five is a number of grace. 

It isn't about the boy, Joshua.  It's about their boy - God.

He is both the fulfiller and fulfillment.

Jesus will never be gone.

He is our source, our provider.

Pick up Jesus!!

We can't lose.  He won't let us.


---
This was such a powerful message.  I think my notes aren't so hot from this message because for the majority of it I was crying.

Pastor Judah lost his father this past year.  He started the message off with discussing how he could have felt God didn't fulfill His promise for Pastor Judah's father.  Pastor Judah continually prayed for his fathers recovery, but when he got the call about his fathers death, he could have been mad at God.  But, we have to look at it from God's point of view.  He fulfilled His promise, it just may not have been in the way that we thought it.

As soon as he thought about the loss of his father, and how the message was going to be about unfilled promises of God, I knew it was going to speak straight to me.  I haven't been mad at God, but I have been questioning His judgement about letting Philip die.  Philip was such an amazing man.  Why couldn't He heal him?  Why couldn't He make him better?  Why couldn't He let him live longer?  Does God not realize what this has done and will continue to do to my family?  Why did He do this? 

This message gave me a new perspective.  God fulfilled His promise.  Philip is in a better place now.  He is no longer suffering.  He is no longer in pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment