Sunday, October 30, 2011

Not Wasting My Time

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:12

So, yesterday I talked about how I gave God control of my times and how that applies to my dating life (or lack thereof).  Today, I want to talk about not wasting my time on just anyone, how that applies to honoring my future husband and how it relates back to yesterdays post.

Every time I move, my brothers and dad help me.  “Next time, you need to have a boyfriend to help you do this,” is what my dad says as he hugs me and heads home after a full day of helping me move.  I have been thinking about this statement a lot lately. 

I am confident that I could easily walk into any bar, restaurant, or Wal-Mart of that matter and say, “Alright boys, this girl needs a boyfriend.  First one to talk to me gets the job.”  Easy enough.  But, is that what I am looking for?  I am confident that I could strike up a conversation with a boy/man anywhere and get him to ask me out.  But, is that what I am looking for?

No!!!! I am looking for someone to marry.  I spent three and a half years with a boy who was completely wrong for me.  We were going in different directions, we had different goals for our lives, we were looking for unreasonable things in one another.  Then, I spent nearly three more years with someone who had completely different values than me.  I only kept him around because he told me I was pretty.  I don’t want to waste a single moment of my life with the wrong person.  I am searching for someone to marry. 

By no means do I think the next eligible man who steps into my life will be my husband.  I would love it if that were the case, but I am not so naive to think that will actually happen.  I do have a strategy already set for when I feel as if it is time for me to get myself out there.

To my unmarried crowd – Please don’t waste time on the wrong person.  If you are seeing someone; start asking the Christ-like people in your life whose opinion matters to you if the person you are seeing is perfect.  Take their opinion to heart.  Pray about what they have to say. If you aren’t seeing someone; wait for Him to tell you when to get out there. 



---
I wrote a post titled All the Single Ladies about Psalm 31:12 a few months ago.  Check that out, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment