Friday, December 2, 2011

Good Bye 21!

Well, today I turn 22.  Twenty-one has come to a close.  Here are my top ten moments of 21.

10. Emily and I went to the Memorial Day Knights game to watch the fireworks. I had never been to a Knights game. It was a lot of fun. The fireworks were great. I just love fireworks!! :-D

9.  I may not still be a part of this eGroup, but I met some amazing people in Nicki Koziarz's eGroup and will cherish the friendships that I gained from that eGroup forever.  We came together as a group of about 25, but each person had a unique personality.  It was amazing to gather with them, learn from them, and just have fun with these people.

8.  Camp Horizon 2011 was incredible. It brought new challenges that I did not think I was prepared for. But, it was perfect! I had my favorite camper yet, and loved ever adventure that Scotty brought.

7.  I had an amazing year at Elevation Church. We had a fabulous Christmas series, an amazing Easter sermon and each sermon in between was top notch, as well! I was given the opportunity to step up in leadership twice. I had the opportunity to help launch Elevation: Rock Hill. Elevation Church is a huge part of my life, and I wouldn't have that any other way. I love my church!!

6.  For the second year in a row, Elevation Church asked me to go to the NewSpring Leadership Conference.  I loved listening to seven of the most incredible pastors in our nation today!  They each brought a word that applied to me today or that I can't wait until I can apply. 

5.  This year I was blessed with the opportunity to begin leading a middle school eGroup.  These are some world changing middle school girls.  For example, last night we had an terribly off topic, incredibly deep conversation about Heaven.  They asked some deep questions that I did not know the answer to!  I will be researching the answers to their questions this week.  I knew I would learn as much from them as they learn from me.  It is showing itself already!  They have made the last few months of 21 amazing!!

4.  Emily moved to Charleston and I had the chance to go see her twice over the summer.  It was great to lay on the beach with my best friend in the summer, completely care free.  Emily is the best!!

3.  So, my two amazing bosses took me to a Panthers game this year!  I have never been to a Panthers game.  We had a blast.  It was a wonderful day, and I am so blessed to have a job where I get to do things like that! I  am so thankful for them. 

2.  I got a new job this year!  Woooooo!!  I hated my other job, and it was such a blessing to get a new job.  I get to spend my day with those two amazing kiddos.  Abby is the most compassionate three year old that I know,  When I hurt me ankle this week, she was the best nurse I could ask for.  She made sure that I was taken care of. Parker is the most caring five year old I have ever met.  He takes wonderful care of me, and keeps me laughing.  This week he was talking about mathmachipins (mathematicians).  There brother-sister bond is the best I have ever seen.  I love getting to teach them on a daily basis.  They are amazing!!

1.  Turning 21!  This was an amazing day!  My mom and grandma surprised me at work.  They came to bring lunch to my class!  They had princess hats for the girls and Elmo hats for the boys.  Then, on my lunch break my mom, grandma and I went to grab dessert.  Finally, we went to Macaroni Grill for my birthday dinner.  The one and only Victoria Lockridge surprised me there!  For the first time in our entire 15 year friendship, we spent my birthday together.  She spent the night with me and it was the best birthday ever!!  (Sadly, I can't find any pictures of the day on facebook or my new computer!)



21 was an amazing year.  I can't wait to see what 22 holds.  Thank you for being a part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment