Saturday, December 3, 2011

Encouragement


Pinned Image
http://pinterest.com/pin/418410844/
Have you ever been having a bad day and felt like you were doing everything wrong?  Have you ever felt like you were at the very bottom and nothing could pull you out of where you were?  How did you get out of that place...

It was probably someone giving you a pat on the back, or someone telling you that you were doing a good job.  It may have been someone calling you to tell you about their terrible day and you remembered that it wasn't that bad.  Or, maybe you read something that was encouraging. 

We all need people to encourage us sometimes.  We all need a little push in a positive direction sometimes.  It is a wonderful feeling to have people in your life that always move you out of a bad mood into a wonderful mood.  Those people are wonderful for a bad day.

I have been in great spirits about life lately.  I love my family, I love my friends and I love my job.  I am truly blessed.  How many people have the whole package?  I can't think of many.  I have the whole package.  I love my life!  I couldn't ask for anything more than what I have.

But, there is one area of my life that has been lagging behind the others.  There is one area that isn't meeting status quo.  There is one area that is trying to pull me into a dark pit of misery.  That one area is the situation with my lack of serving at Rock Hill.

I keep trying to blame myself for everything that happened.  I keep replaying each moment of my time there.  I keep thinking of how I could have handled things differently and how I could have acted differently.  I just can't figure out what I did wrong.

Even though I couldn't figure out how I messed up so bad for it to warrant the decision that was made, I am constantly beating myself up for it.  I am blaming myself.  I was beginning to think that no campus would want me.  I couldn't imagine the things that were being said, and how anyone would want to serve with me.

Then, that all turned around yesterday.  I got a call from someone who I look up to, someone who I thought I hurt in this whole situation, someone who I never thought I would hear from again.  She lifted me right up.  She said some of the sweetest things to me.  I almost cried.  She reminded me that I didn't do anything wrong.  In fact, I did exactly the right thing. 
Pinned Image
http://pinterest.com/pin/573462133/

I am so thankful for people in my life who can pull me out of misery.  I am so thankful for kind words.  We all need someone to speak life into us, and remind us that we are worth something!  We all need people that will tell us how important we are to a team. 

Do you have someone like that in your life?  Find time to thank that person in your life.  Remind them how much they are worth to you!  Can you be that person to someone?  Work on improving your ability to speak life into your friends if you aren't the friend that gets called when someone is down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment