Thursday, December 15, 2011

A new kinda Christmas



Well, I told you earlier this week that I would show you my Christmas tree.  To the left you will see a beautiful before picture taken Sunday night.  This is my very first Christmas tree that I ever got myself.  I got the tree from one of those places at a corner... sure wasn't the experience this girl is used to.  Next, I got the tree into the house by myself... a lot easier than taking an eighteen foot tree inside.  Then, I put the tree in the stand... that was harder than I would have imagined.  This afternoon, I finally got around to decorating the tree.



Decorating the Christmas tree has been a family event for as long as I can remember.  It is something that we all do together.  It takes the whole family to decorate the trees that I am used to.  I decorate this tree alone.  How weird...

Drum roll please...
I now present to you the finished product...



This tree is a symbol of a new beginning for me.  As much as I  miss Philip daily, I can do life without him.  It will all be okay! Christmas this year will be different, but change is good.  I am using this as an opportunity to grow.

How about you.... Will this Christmas look different for you for any reason?  How are you using the new experience as an opportunity to grow.  Are you all ready for Christmas?  Is your tree decorated?  Are you done shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment