Monday, April 16, 2012

God Still has a Plan

Recently, I was having a pity party for myself on my drive home.  It was super pathetic.  I was crying and just really doubting where I am in my life.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  I don't know what got into me.

you messed up.
you've screwed up your path in life.
you messed up.
you're not going to be able to come back from this.
you messed up.
God had a plan for you and you decided to do things your own way.
you messed up.

That is just some of the lovely things I was telling myself.  (PS. This is all in reference to something that happened a few months ago.) 

You see, there is something that I want very badly.  There is something that I feel very strongly that God has promised me in my life.  Most days, I trust God's plan and believe that if He has promised it to me, it will be mine when the time is right.  Other days, the devil gets in my head and takes power over my thoughts.

Well, the devil was all over me the on this night.  The devil was doing his best to make me think that I had gone off of God's plan for my life and that I wasn't going to be able to get what I feel God has promised me because I messed up.

Then, right when I was getting to be a big ole mess in my car alone in traffic, God smacked me in my face.

You can go off My path for you.  I will get you back to the right path.  I have great plans for you.  Just trust. 

Pinned ImageSo comforting.  He has a plan for me.  He will take care of me.  I can screw up, but He is so powerful that He can get me back to where I am suppose to be going.

I wish that I could quote Pastor Steven on this... A few weeks ago, Pastor said something in his sermon that I kept turning back to during this whole pity party.  It was something along the lines of...

Even if you get off of His path, He will get you back to where you are supposed to be.


So powerful. 






So, to you... in your struggles, in your doubts, in your fears... God has a plan for you.  He wants to do something great in your life.  Just give up the power to Him.  It doesn't matter what you've done in your life in the past, He can still do something amazing in your life!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sister. God bless you I needed that so much. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel quite strongly that God has a plan for me. i just don't know the specifics yet. He still hasn't told me what it really is that He wants me to do.

    ReplyDelete