Saturday, April 14, 2012

Power of Words

Pinned ImageThis is a post that I have been wanting to write for MONTHS.  No lie, since like November, these words have been on my heart.  But, I haven't felt God's clearance to put them out there.  Finally, I feel as if I have his go ahead.

The topic for today - Words.  The words that we speak to others.  The words that others speak to us.  The power of words spoken to others.  The power of words spoken to us. 

The tongue has the power of life and death.


Words have the power of life and death.  You can speak life into someone through your words, or you can bring them down by them.

Pinned ImageYou can do it.  You are smart.  You've got this.  Press on.  I love you.
All words that would life a person up.

You were a mistake.  What were you thinking?  You are lying.  You are an idiot. I hate you.
All words that would bring a person down.




Personally, I want to lift others up with my words.  I have been brought down by words that people have said to me too many times.  I remember things all too well.  I can still hear full conversations of people putting me down.  It is a daily struggle to forgive some of the words that have been spoken to me.

Use your words wisely.  Is it really necessary to say everything that comes to your mind?  If you wouldn't want it said to you, then you probably shouldn't say it to someone.  Always think before speaking.


How have you been hurt by someones words?  What power do words have in your life?  Do you think before speaking?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I agree with you. The words that are negative tend to stick around longer and help perpetuate "limiting beliefs" But the words that are meant for inspiration are often doubted because of those "limiting beliefs". The trick is to get someone to believe that you believe in tham. Then the power of words is exponential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You are beyond right. The negative comments leave an ill taste in your mouth that you can't forget, and make it harder and harder to believe the positive comments. I know that this is true in my own life. I doubt all of the positive comments that people say to me due to the negative comments I have heard.

      I hope that the younger generation grows up hearing only positive comments and knows how to ignore people who only speak negatively.

      Delete