Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 Corinthians 10:31

I know that today I was suppose to answer the three questions to my memory verse. But, this verse was in my devotional for today, and I couldn't leave this verse be. This verse is incredible! It is so simple but very powerful.

Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

That is quite a verse. Did you skim through that verse to see what I was going to talk about? I sure did when I get my daily devotional email. I skimmed right through the verse to see what the devotional was about. Slow down! Read it one more time.

Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

1. What does this verse say?
This verse says that whatever we do in our life we need to do it for the glory of God.

2. What does this verse mean?
This verse means that whether you are sweeping your kitchen, doing homework, driving to work, caring for you children, making dinner, doing your job, etc., you do it all for the glory of God. Seems pretty simple, but do we do everything for the glory of God? You can glorify God on your drive to work by spending time in prayer, not honking at someone who cuts you off, listen to a sermon. You can glorify God when making dinner by making a healthy choice in food. You can glorify God in your workplace by acting in a way to which your coworkers can see God through you.

3. What does this verse mean to me?
To me, this verse means that I can glorify God in everything I do. I can glorify God at work. I don't have to share the gospel with everyone at work on a daily basis, but dismissing myself from the gossip glorifies God. Having patience with my class glorifies God. Respecting my boss glorifies God. Honestly, these are all things that I do not do on a daily basis.

Dear Lord,
I am so thankful for you new mercies every day. I am thankful that when I do not glorify you in all that I do one day, you do not walk away and give up on me. You know that I have the ability to glorify God in all that I do.
Every day is a new day. I need your strength to go back into work today and glorify you in all that I do. I pray that when things do not go as planned, You will remind me that I can glorify you in a difficult situation. I pray that if I get sent home early today because of low numbers, you remind me that I can glorify you in my reaction to that situation. I pray that you give me patience with my class who was home with their parents for four days.
I have faith that through You my day with glorify God in all things.

In Jesus' name,
Amen


Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment