Sunday, January 23, 2011

Deer

Attention: Before you read this, you must know there is nothing biblical or prophetic in this post, just a little something that I thought of last night.

Last night I babysat my two favorite boys! Knox was not feeling well, which (sad to say) was great. He was all snuggly and just wanted to watch TV in my lap. He hasn't been like that in a long time. It was lovely! They went to bed just fine. I watched TV until Ryan and Danielle came home.

They got home a little after midnight. As I am driving through Matthews, I see a dear in the middle of the road. I didn't come close to hitting the dear or anything. But, that poor dear. Just hanging out in the middle of the road.

I am a country girl from a middle-no-where-no-stop-light-blink-and-you'll-miss-it town in South Carolina. Something like 10 acres of land my grandparents have (where I grew up). A decent size house and a lot of land!! A ton of beautiful trees on their property. My grandpa had to build in gates on the deck because deer would come up on our porch and eat the flowers. Deer would drink out of the pond. I mean, I grew up where seeing deer everywhere.

I feel so bad for deer. This was their land. They use to play, and graze, and live on this land. And, some fool decided it would be nicer to have a lovely housing development and through the deer out of their home. Not just deer, many other animals, but this is about the deer for me... :-)
Now these beautiful animals have to run across busy streets, highways and interstates risking their life for survival.

I hate that. There isn't anything I can do about it. In this situation, what is done is done.

I just had to show that poor deer standing in the middle of S. Trade some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment