Monday, January 10, 2011

Get Back

This week Pastor began the series Get Back Recovering Your Spritual Momentum. This was the first week of the series. It was incredible. I am going to post his four points, things he said, and how each point impacts my life.

Pastor began the sermon in 2 Kings 2:11. Elijah was going to heaven. Elisha had asked to receive double the spiritual power that Elijah had. Elijah said this was possible life Elisha was there to see Elijah go to heaven. Elisha began stalking Elijah in a sense.

1. Don't Play God When You've Got It
By this statement, Pastor meant that we should not act like we are God when everything we have came from him. We can't forget who got us where we are. All of our momentum starts with God.
-I try to never take credit for anything that I have in my life. None of it came from me. Just as one of my recent posts said, I gave my life to Christ and in giving my life to Christ, He has power of my life. I have no power over my life. I am so thankful for this statement.

2. Don't Blame God When It's Gone
You won't get momentum back through bitterness. When we are trying to do things our own way and it doesn't work out, we can't blame God.
-Just the other day, I was trying to do things my own way. It wasn't working out. I had to get myself in check and realize that I wasn't doing it how God wanted me to do it. I have to do it God's way or it isn't going to work out as He had planned. And when it doesn't, that is my own fault.

3. Find the Music
In 2 Kings 3:13-15 Elisha asked for a harpist. When the harpist began to play, Elisha heard from the Lord. Elisha knew how to use natural beings to create spiritual momentum. The example Pastor used for this was the background music when he prays. This isn't to spiritual manipulate us, it is to use a natural being to create spiritual momentum. Sometimes we have to change the atmosphere of our situation. We can't get out by trying harder we must receive the Word. In prayer we need to say that we are empty not stuck. Saying we are empty symbolizes that we can be filled.
-This was a big one for me. When Pastor said that we have to change the atmosphere of our situation, all I could think of was my job situation. I am not happy where I am at. I need to change the atmosphere at work or all together to make it a better place for me. I have no spiritual momentum at work because I am so unhappy. I need to change the atmosphere to get my spiritual momentum back.

4. Dig Some Ditches
In 2 Kings 3:16-20, "This is what the Lord says: Make this valley full of ditches". This was in reference to soldiers needed water. We need to act like we have our spiritual momentum even when we don't. Acting like we have it, and not getting down shows that we have faith in the Lord. When you dig a ditch, dig a big ditch.
-This was also a big one for me. It was very inspiring to be reminded that God can't do anything for me unless I am willing to work for it. I have to be willing to dig some ditches for him to make it rain. Or, I have to be willing to apply for some jobs for Him to give me the right job.

I am so thankful for this message, and don't plan on keeping my life how it was after hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment