Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lifted Hands

Pinned ImageHave you ever been going through something, and it's hard to raise your hands in worship to the Lord, "find" time to read your Bible, or pray to the Lord?  Maybe you are in transition between two jobs, or you just lost someone close to you.  Have you ever felt like God has walked away from you and you find yourself aimlessly searching for Him?

I kind of feel like that right now.  I know what the Bible says is true.  I know that He is near, and I know that He hasn't turned away from me.  I know that He loves me.  I know that He has a plan for me.

But, I just feel like He isn't answering my prayers, I feel like He isn't listening to what I have to say and I feel like He has walked away for a while.


I was at church the other night.  Pastor Steven was talking about those times when it is hard to lift your hands in worship.  When you are just too tired, too burned out, or too distracted by all that you have to do.  Those times when you don't want to raise your hands in worship to the Lord, those are the times that you need to do everything within you to lift your hands.

Pinned ImageLifting your hands in worship, when it's hard, is a great way to stomp all over the devil.  You have to let the devil know that he has no control over you.  When you let the devil allow you to believe that you can't worship your God in this time, the devil is winning.

So, are you struggling with something today?  Is it making it hard for you to raise your hands in worship, read your Bible or pray to your God?  Do it anyway!

Hey reader... I'd love to pray for you through whatever you are dealing with.  Send me an email... redeemedblog [at] yahoo [dot] com.  God wanted me to share this with you today.  I want to help you through this rough patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment