Friday, August 17, 2012

Reflection Friday

If you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup. Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them.


Pinned ImageIn June, my eStudents took a week off to go on a Father-Daughter Date.  I didn't want to show any bias towards our wonderful mothers.  So, my eStudents took yesterday off to go on a Mother-Daughter Date.

I have tweeted about it a lot about parent-child relationships this week.  Children these days are going through far more than we went through as children.  They need their parents in their lives to bring them back to reality.  I think a strong parent-bond is always important, but I don't know a more important time than through middle school and high school.  Middle schoolers are tempted to have sex, do drugs and change who they are to be popular.  High schoolers are selling themselves out to be in, going too far, and making choices that they will regret later in life.

Students need to know that their parents are around to help them through these hard times.  Students need to be able to come to their parents when they are thinking about making or have already made a bad choice.


Disclaimer - I am not a parent.  I do not know what it is like to be a parent.  I do not know what you are going through, that may determine the way you parent now.  I am someones child and I did go to my parents when I was thinking about making or had already made a poor decision.  I can't imagine what I would be doing now if I hadn't had my parents to go to.  Please do not judge this post and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about.  I think this is an important topic that God has made me passionate about.  I wouldn't be writing about it if God hadn't given me the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment