Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why .Redeemed.?

The reader family of .Redeemed. has exploded over the last few months. It is amazing. Each post is getting between 20 and 30 views. For you seasoned bloggers, that may not seem exciting, but it is exciting to me. My words are being read across the world.

I wanted to take some time over the next few days to formally introduce myself to all the new readers, tell you why I write and introduce the new format of .Redeemed.

God gave me a passion to write.  I have loved writing as long as I can remember.  My best friend and I used to have a "band" called Neon Girls, we wrote songs.  I had a longing desire to be a published author from an early age.  I have a large box full of all of the short stories and poems I have written over my life.  As blogging became more popular, I realized that I could do that.  I could write my thoughts.  I never envisioned that it would be what it is now.

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sigh, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

This is my life verse.  The description of our God as a redeemer always makes me smile.  This is the reason behind naming this blog .Redeemed. and my Redeemed tattoo.  I have been redeemed by Jesus Christ. 

Pinned ImageMy hope through .Redeemed. is to share the word of the Lord, always.  I want my words to be pleasing to the Lord.  One day, I will be held accountable for every word I spoke and wrote.  I will never take for granted the blogging platform that the Lord gave me to share His word.

The format of .Redeemed. has changed over the past few years and I am excited to announce later this week that the format will be changing once again. Change is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment