Monday, August 20, 2012

Muching Monday


I know He is, What am I? Week Two
 

I noticed a persistent and consistent gap between who God says I am and will do and what I feel and do.

1. Correction - Jesus is not who we say he is, he is who the Lord says he is.

2. Protection - Nothing can stop the work of the Lord. Not even the gates of hell.

3. Connection - The keys represent access

We obsess over our assessment of other peoples assessments of ourselves.  Don't stare at other peoples assesments.

When what God says isn't matching up, the promise I need to access is in the cloud. (Exodus 24:15-18 and iCloud analogy)

 
Love what you just read? Want to hear more? The entire message can be found for free at 12:00, 4:00 and 8:00 (AM & PM) here, or you can download the podcast for free!

What I am munching on...
Pinned Image
This sermon was absolutely perfect.  They always are.  God's heart is centered in the Lord, so every word out of his mouth comes straight from what God tells him!
 
I have been relying on other people to tell me who I am for far too long.  I need to protect who I am in the Lord.  I need to only allow only God's words to come into my ears and resonate into my mind.  Pastor Steven said, "We will never discover what God has in store for us if we spend our lives listening and believing others assessments."
 
I do not want to miss out on what God has called me to do in my life.  I do not want to miss out on anything that the Lord has called me to do.  I need to allow God to close the gap between who I am and who He is, because they should be the same.
 
 
Reader, get involved! Have you been believing lies from the people around you?  What are you acknowledging is not true and believing that God has said?

No comments:

Post a Comment