Friday, August 10, 2012

Reflection Friday

If you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup. Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them.

Icebreaker - What is one random fact about yourself?


Discussion Highlights - This week, we talked about qualities we think Christian women should have.  We discussed how we can strive to have those qualities and holding one another accountable for them.  They have greatness inside of each of them, and I want them to believe they are capable to do amazing things!

A few of the qualities we see as important are: love, patience, kindness, acceptance, trustworthiness and respectful.

Closing - I wrapped the evening up by talking about the turn of events from a few weeks ago.  We spent the weekend together as an eGroup from Thursday to Saturday.  The behavior shown that weekend was nothing like I had ever seen before.  I reminded them of their potential to be great, and be Christ through their actions.

This Week - Tomorrow, we have an event for Rock Hill County Schools.  We will be putting school supplies in backpacks for children who wouldn't have adequate school supplies otherwise.  Thursday, we will not have eGroup so that the girls can go on Mother-Daughter Dates.  Sunday, we will be having a Back to School Pot Luck. 

Personal Reflection - My discussion points for the evening were derailed, but that is okay!  I think the evening went well!

Personal Highlight - Four new eStudents!  This month, we've had five new eStudents join our eGroup.  The momentum is something only God could make happen and it's so incredible!



No comments:

Post a Comment