Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Six Things to be Thankful for... Day Four

20. A keepsake:  I am a pack rat.  I save everything!  I still have journals from when I was in middle school talking about a different boy every day.  I still have a few calendars from high school.  A keepsake that I am thankful for this year is some teddy bears.  I have a teddy bear that was my Nana's and one that was Philips.  These teddy bears have gotten me through many tear filled nights this year.



21. A disappointment or fear:  A disappointment or fear that I am thankful for???  I am the only one who this doesn't make such to?  If I had to be thankful for a disappointment or fear it would be my fear of failure.  I always give my best (and then some) to everything that I do.  I never give less than my best at anything.  This can be great, but it can also be bad.  For now, I'll be thankful that I have gotten very far by having a fear of failure.

22. A book:  when God writes your love story by Eric and Leslie Ludy is a book that I have to be thankful for this year.  Victoria showed this book first to me when I came to her about this crazy idea a friend told me about.  Victoria said, "No, read the book! It's in the book!!"  So, I read the book.  This book has changed my world for the better.  I am no longer bitter about being single, lonely or wasting my time on pointless relationships.  Also, this is the book I am walking through with my middle school eGroup girls!!!  I can't wait to see how this one book redirects their entire future. 

23. A feeling:  This year, I am thankful for the feeling of happiness.  I have had the opportunity to experience this feeling a lot this year.  There are many people who do not experience happiness on a daily basis.  I laugh daily.  I love my job.  I love my church.  I love my friends.  I love my family.  I love my life.  I am so thankful that I can be happy every day!!!

24. A photograph:  The picture to the left is a picture that I will be thankful for forever.  That is me in the baptism tank.  John Bishop is baptizing me, and I am coming up after being dunked.  This was such a powerful moment.  Baptism did not save me.  Baptism was a public commitment to myself, the Lord, my family and my friends that I will live my life as a new person because Christ lives in me.  I was so thankful to have (almost) all of my family there, and some of the best friends in the world.  This picture sits on my dresser, and I look at it daily as a constant reminder of my new life.

25. A luxury:  I am thankful for the luxury of having a job.  My job brings so many other luxuries.  First and foremost, I get to influence the lives of two gorgeous children.  I get to teach one of them on a daily basis.  The kiddos parents are far greater to me than I deserve.  They bought me a gym membership, are encouraging me on my running and becoming a part of the 5k I am doing next weekend! (eek!!)  They buy me random presents for being me.  They treat me far greater than any boss has ever treated me.  Simply put though, there are millions of people without jobs right now.  I am so thankful to have a job that I love in these hard economic times!

26. A charity An organization:  I don't know of a charity that I am thankful for this year.  So, I am going to change this up a little bit to be an organization.  I am thankful for the Down Syndrome Association of Charlotte.  They do some amazing work for children with Down Syndrome and their families.  I am so thankful for the work that they do, and the opportunity to be involved in their good works!

Tomorrow, I wrap up this series by blogging about a song, a gift, something in my home and the thing that I am most thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment