Monday, November 21, 2011

Six Things to be Thankful For... Day Two



7. A scent:  I love Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber.  I always have.  I always will.  I get the most compliments when wearing it.  I have the most confidence when wearing it.
8. A restaurant:  Olive Garden has never let me down.  The service is always great, the food is always delicious and the company that I share when there is always top notch. 
9. A blog:  Pastor Steven Furtick brings so much truth every day on his blog.  I wait every morning for his tweet that a new blog is up.  I read it every day and learn something new by reading it! 
10. A time of day: Nap time.  Hands down, nap time in a time of the day to be thankful for.  Some days can be crazy.  Nap time gives me an hour and a half to clean up the house, do laundry, catch up on the shows I like and occasionally catch a cat nap, too.
11. A tradition:  I love the tradition seeing the lights at Hopelands Gardens in Aiken.  I look forward to parking at Applebee’s, riding a school bus, singing Christmas songs, getting hot chocolate and a cookie, taking pictures, finding new lights and occasionally seeing a proposal every year.  This is a tradition hat has been in my family for more years than I can remember.  I have shared it with many close friends.

12. A gadget:  I could not live without my phone.  Could anyone these days?  It tells the time, gives me access to my email, facebook and twitter, sends texts and makes phone calls.  Where would I be without my phone?
13. Something old:  Philip always had a handkerchief on him.  The day of his funeral, everyone in my family wore something red.  I just wore a blank dress and was sad that I didn’t wear red.  (Red was Philip’s favorite color.)  My mom pulled out one of his red handkerchiefs.  I carry it around now.  I am thankful for that because it is like having a piece of him with me all the time.


Tomorrow, I blog about something new, a recipe, an experience, a store, a saying, and a favorite piece of clothing that I'm thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment