Sunday, November 20, 2011

Six Things to be Thankful for... Day One

So, I was late to the “Thirty Days of Thanks” idea.  I saw many blogs, tweets and facebook statuses about this idea.  Every day you write about one thing that you are thankful for.  I have a friend that posted some things to talk about.

So, in spirit of this week being Thanksgiving, leading up to Thanksgiving, I will post six things that I am thankful for.
1. A person:  Victoria.  We may live over 115 miles away from each other, and are lucky to talk on a daily basis, but we still are best friends.  We have known each other for 15 years, always been best friends and grown closer each year.  I am so thankful for the truth that she brings into my life.  She supports each decision I make and is always a shoulder to cry on when I need one.  She is the best friend that a girl could ask for.


2. An animal:  Oh geeze.  Well, you know that the answer to this is going to have to be Tiger.  In our nearly six years together, Tiger brought me a lot of joy.  He was a wonderful cat.  He loved me unconditionally.  There would be days when I would be drained from work, and just throw him off of me when I got home.  But, he still would snuggle with me at night.  He took good care of me in our time together.

3. A cozy place in your home:  My bed!  My bed is comfortable, warm and safe.

4. A favorite snack:  Oh how I love Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, frozen yogurt and BBQ chips.  This girl does not cook, so the majority of what I eat is snacks.

5. A place:  Aiken, South Carolina.  This beautiful city will always be home to me.  I will treasure each memory that I have their as a kid.  I will patiently wait for the moment that God brings me back there.  It is the place which I want to get married, raise a family and grow old with someone.

6. A pair of shoes:  My rainbows have always been faithful to me.  They have held up for many years and are still kicking.  They have been out in the rain, in the snow, in the ocean and on the lake.  They have been through a lot. 

Tomorrow, I will write about the scent, restaurant, blog, time of day, tradition and gadget that I am thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment