Friday, March 9, 2012

Reflection Friday

If you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup. Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them. 

Icebreaker: How do you deal with conflict?

Pinned Image

Discussion: Typically our eGroup's focus is when God writes your love story by Eric and Leslie LudyLast week, we finished part one of the book.  We paused the book for a week to talk about conflict.  How to deal with conflict in a biblical way was the discussion title! 

Discussion Highlights:
- What does Matthew 18:15-17 say about dealing with conflict?
- When is a good time to be silent in an argument?  Psalm 4:4
- How can we deal with a disagreement and still do what is right in God's eyes?  Deuteronomy 6:18

Closing: I created a Word document with a few practical and biblical ways to deal with conflict for each of the girls to take home.  We closed in prayer and had some funfetti cake cookies! 

During the Week: The girls will be reading chapter eight in the book.

Next Week:  We will discuss chapter eight together.  Chapter eight is titled Romantic Heroism.


Pinned ImagePersonal Reflection:  The Lord put last nights topic on my heart over two weeks ago.  I was hearing about and seeing too many facebook posts about fights the girls were having.  I read through countless websites, countless Bible verses, countless small group outlines and combined everything I loved to our hour discussion.

Personal Highlight: God's timing is amazing!  Wednesday evening three of the girls in the eGroup got in an argument.  One of them came to eGroup and was able to learn about how to deal with conflict in a Christ-like way.  I am praying that she took what she learned back to her conflict with her two friends and was able to shed a positive light on Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment