Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reflection Friday

If you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup. Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them.

Last night, I had three of the girls from the eGroup spend the night with me.  I hope you can forgive me for not posting Reflection Friday last night. 

Icebreaker: What is an awkward situation you have been in recently?

Pinned ImageDiscussion Highlights:  This week, I took a night off from discussing when God writes your love story.  We have been having eGroup for seven months.  In the last three months, we have grown from a steady five girls attending to an average of ten girls.  This is fabulous.  I felt this was a great time to take a week from the book and discuss some expectations of the eGroup.

- A lack of preparation for eGroup shows a lack of respect to God, the other eGroup members and myself. 
- God wants to do something big in your life.  Allow Him to by opening your heart to Him.
- We can show respect for each other during discussion time by making sure that everything we say is biblical, beneficial and brief.

Closing:  I reminded them that I love them more than they know!  Gathering on Thursday evenings for eGroup is one of my favorite things to do.  Everything I said came from a place of love.

During the Week: We have/had two volunteer opportunities.  Today, there was a 5k that needed volunteers to help set up and tear down. The 5k was to raise money and awareness about how to get clean water to Africa.  Water is Basic is the organization who held the 5k today.  Tomorrow, after the 6:00pm worship experience, there will be an opportunity for students to put candy in Easter eggs for Elevation's outreach partners.  We went to see the Hunger Games together.

Next Week:  We will be having a special Easter eGroup meeting.  We will worship together, discuss Easter and take communion together. 

Personal Reflection: I was certain that the girls were going to hate me after I had this conversation with them.  I had been dreading it, but at the same time, I had complete peace about it.  I knew that it needed to be said.  You can look back at the last few Reflection Friday posts, I have been a bit frustrated after each eGroup.  They took the discussion very well. They listened and afterwards said that they appreciated me saying it.  I was worried about it being awkward.  Obviously, it was only awkward for me.


Personal Highlight: This week, we had one new girl!  That is three weeks in a row that we have had new girls!  I love that my girls are bringers - to eGroup and to church!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment