Friday, March 23, 2012

Reflection Friday

If you are new to .Redeemed., I lead a middle school girls eGroup. Thursday evenings with the girls is one of my favorite parts of the week. They are an amazing group of girls and they teach me as much as I teach them.
 
If you've been reading .Redeemed. for a while, you probably thought I disappeared.  Sorry for not blogging this week.  I have had a lot on my mind that I'm trying to process before writing.  I'm sorry!

Icebreaker: Full Name...  Several of the girls in the eGroup are new.  I thought it would be fun for us to all share our full names.  We had a lot of laughs!

Discussion: This week we discussed chapter nine in when God writes your love story by Eric and Leslie Ludy. Chapter nine is titled, Can the Sweeter Song be a Solo? 

Discussion Highlights:
- What should your mindset be while you are single?
- How can your behavior while you are single honor your husband?
- 1 Corinthians 7

Closing: We wrapped up covering some housekeeping items.  We have a busy next few weeks.  I shared some exciting things coming up in the Summer!

During the Week: The girls will be reading chapter ten in the book.  On Saturday, we will be going to an assisted living facility and hosting BINGO for the residents.

Next Week: We will discuss chapter ten together.

Personal Reflection:  The bigger our eGroup gets, the less we stay focused.  I strongly believe that the message that God has given me to teach these girls can redirect their lives from what culture says is appropriate to what the Bible says is appropriate.  But, if we spend the entire eGroup having side conversations and discussing the latest drama, I can't help them get to a place in their life that will glorify God.  I think I let my frustration show a bit too much.  I am seeking advice and praying through a way to handle this with mentors and God. 
Personal Highlight: The two new girls from last week came back!  They came together with two more friends!  Isn't this amazing?!  I love seeing the group grow, and the girls excited to bring friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment