Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blessings

This past weekend was absolutely amazing.  It was a weekend that I hope to never forget.  There wasn't a moment of it that wasn't amazing.  I am going to honor God in this moment by thanking Him for all that He has done, is doing and will do in my life.


On Friday, I left work to meet two friends at Starbucks.  We were going to drive together to pick up another friend to bring to Rock Hill for the weekend.  The evening was full of catching up and bonding together.  We had an amazing time together talking about boys, current struggles and our summers.  Chandler, the girl we picked up in Greenville to bring to Rock Hill, spent the night with me.

On Saturday, Chandler and I woke up and got to preparing for an amazing day with my middle school girls.  We made cupcakes, a cake and fruit kabobs.  We went to Chick-Fil-A and headed to Rock Hill for an amazing afternoon.

In the spring, I got this amazing idea to have some sort of summer Olympics between the eGroup that I lead and the eGroup that I am in.  Saturday was the day and it was amazing!  We had six different water relay races and ended the event at the pool.  There was a ton of food and lots of fun to be had.  After months of planning, I can say that the event far exceeded my expectations.  We all had an amazing time!

After the Olympics, I went home, showered and got ready for a family dinner to celebrate my Grandma's birthday and Father's Day.  We went to Amor de Brazil in Matthews, NC.  The food was impeccable.  I do not eat meat, so I just had the salad bar.  That was amazing!  You must check it out!!

Sunday morning was spent at my favorite place to be on Sunday - Elevation Church.  I would say it was a successful morning at Uptown.  I got one commit as a small group leader for Quest in eKidz and a shadow for Safari.  Commits and shadows make my day.  I heard an amazing message on our Heavenly Father from Larry Hubatka, the Creative Pastor at Elevation.  I came home after church to clean my room, do some laundry and send a few emails.  My roommate and I went to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, 1900 Mexican Grill.

I am truly blessed.  I could not have asked for a better weekend.  I had fun every moment.  Every moment I was making memories, laughing and enjoying life.  I have to thank the Lord for all of this.  Without Him, this weekend would not have happened. 


What do you have to be thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment